FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Fort Wayne’s NBC) – The man who admitted to killing four people, including his unborn child, will spend the rest of his life in prison.
Fort Wayne’s NBC previously reported that Marcus Dansby, 23, was charged in the Holton Avenue slaying on September 11, 2016. Traeven Harris, 18, Consuela Arrington, 37, and a 37-week pregnant Dajahiona Arrington, 18, were all killed in the attack. Her fetus died, as well. Trinity Hairston, then 14, was the only one to survive after being left in critical condition.
On Thursday, the judge sentenced Dansby to 300 years behind bars. He was also ordered to pay $4,519 in restitution to the victim’s family.
The judge said in court that Dansby “left behind a house of horrors,” and it was a “senseless slaughter of four people in their own home.”
Dansby did address the court but did not apologize for his actions.
Instead, he thanked his family for being there and said he wants to be better in the future.
Prosecutors were seeking the death penalty in this case—the first death penalty filing in Allen County since 2006.
But on in May 2019, the death penalty charge was dropped as part of a plea deal after Dansby pleaded guilty to six charges: four counts of murder, attempted murder, and use of a firearm resulting in death.
According to court documents, police found Dansby covered in blood lying on the front porch of the Holton Ave. home.
Officers found a large knife with a broken handle in his pants pocket.
Corinne Rose reported this story.