FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Fort Wayne’s NBC) – The man accused of shooting two men at a Fort Wayne breakfast spot is now accused of choking and punching his wife.
Gabriel Hicks, 30, is already facing two charges of attempted murder and being a habitual offender for his alleged role in a shooting at Links Wonderland earlier this year.
He posted bond on Nov. 19, and while he was out, prosecutors say he tried to strangle his wife of 3-months and hit her during an argument in a car on Dec. 22, court documents detail.
Now, he’s facing felony strangulation and domestic battery charges for an unrelated attack on Dec. 22.
When police were called, they found the victim with a black eye, a fat cut lip, strangulation marks, a bloody ear, and her face was swollen all over.
She told officers that she and Hicks were on their way home from the bar when they got into an argument over a past relationship.
Hicks told her he couldn’t trust her, accused her of cheating, and then grabbed her by the throat and started choking her with two hands, court documents say.
The victim told police she almost lost consciousness and wasn’t able to breathe.
That’s when he reportedly let go, and started punching her repeatedly, she told police.
She told officers at one point, she tried to get out of the car, but he grabbed her and continued hitting her.
The victim estimated Hicks hit her about 20 times, and choked her twice.
Hicks has a hearing on Dec. 31 for his felony domestic battery and strangulation charge.
His next hearing for the attempted murder charge related to the shooting incident is set for Feb. 15, 2019.
This isn’t the first time Hicks has been accused of battering someone.
Hicks has a history of domestic violence, court records show: he was convicted of strangulation in 2009 and 2014.