Family pet dies in Sunday house fire

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Fort Wayne’s NBC) — A house fire that started in a basement on the city’s southeast side on Sunday resulted in the death of a family pet.

The Fort Wayne Fire Department says a neighbor called police around 5:30 Sunday after seeing heavy smoke coming from the chimney next door, on Winston Drive near McMillen Park Drive.

Fire crews say nobody was at home during the fire, but we’re told at least one cat did not make it out.
Crews were able to control that fire in about a half hour.

Jazlynn Bebout

Jazlynn Bebout

More News

YOUR FORT WAYNE FORECAST

Connect with FW NBC
Top Stories
Scroll to top
Skip to content