ALLEN COUNTY, Ind. (Fort Wayne's NBC) - Beginning June 1, masks will not be required in all county-owned buildings.
These buildings include the Rousseau Centre and the Allen County Courthouse.
While the Courthouse is following the updated policy, exceptions will be possible if a need is determined by a judge or magistrate.
The announcement coincides with a similar announcement made by Mayor Henry that face coverings at Citizens Square and all other Fort Wayne municipally-owned buildings will become optional on the same date.
According to officials the ongoing vaccinations and reductions in local COVID-19 cases were contributing factors in lessening the mask requirements.
Follow these steps to register online:
- Go to ourshot.in.gov.
- Click on the link in the red box near the top of the page that says "Click here to find a vaccination site."
- Select the county you live in.
- Select a vaccine clinic available in your county.
- Select the blue link that says "Click here to register."
- Select the group you belong to and enter your date of birth.
- Certify that you are within the group selected.
- Click "Schedule an appointment."