INDIANAPOLIS (Fort Wayne’s NBC) — A total of 726,600 Hoosiers have tested positive for COVID-19, state health officials say.
1,261 new cases of the virus were reported to the Indiana Department of Health on Thursday.
Data shows 6 additional Hoosiers lost their lives to COVID-19, bringing the state's overall death toll to 12,966.
The new data was reported to ISDH within the last 24 hours, but the new deaths occurred between April 4 and 5.
In Allen County, officials reported 88 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the county's overall case count to 40,531. The overall death toll remains at 675.
The state's seven-day positivity rate for unique individuals is at 13.8%.
An estimated total of 689,642 Indiana residents have recovered from the virus, according to data from the Regenstrief Institute.
As of today, a total of 4,453,018 vaccine doses have been administered in Indiana. This includes 2,406,936 first doses and 2,046,082 individuals who are fully vaccinated.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here
- You can catch up on the latest Fort Wayne's NBC coronavirus coverage here
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19
- Click here to sign up for Fort Wayne's NBC News and Weather Alerts