Skip to Content

UPDATE: Three suspects in weekend homicide now in custody, victim identified as missing man

Remaining Ad Time Ad - 00:00
Poster image (40)

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Fort Wayne’s NBC) — Police have confirmed with Fort Wayne's NBC that one of the three suspects in Sunday's homicide is in custody.

FWPD Sgt. Jeremy Webb said 20-year-old Cody Clements turned himself in on Monday.

Police named 21-year-old Matthew J. Cramer II, 20-year-old Jacob D. Carreon-Hamilton, and Clements as suspects in the homicide that followed a police pursuit early Sunday morning.

Officers engaged in a short pursuit in the area of Lake Avenue and Coliseum Boulevard which quickly ended due to unsafe speeds.

Police were then told of an accident in the area of Lake and Anthony where the vehicle matched the description of the pursuit.

When officers got there, they found the vehicle behind a home where it had crashed into a fence. Police searched the car and found one person inside who was pronounced dead at the scene.

The three men named as suspects ran off, police say.

The victim has been identified as 55-year-old Shane Nguyen, who was the subject of a Silver Alert issued on Saturday.

55-year-old Shane Nguyen hadn't been seen since Friday afternoon.

The coroner said his cause of death was determined to be blunt force injury of the head. His death was ruled a homicide, marking the 12th case in Allen County so far this year.

Webb said the death was “brutal and extreme, it's not every day we come across cases of this butchery."

Cramer and Carreon-Hamilton remain on the run, and police say they should be considered armed and dangerous.

If you see them, call 911.

Author Profile Photo

Fort Wayne's NBC

Your source for Fort Wayne news, weather and sports.

Corinne Rose

Corinne Rose is a reporter for WPTA.

Skip to content