INDIANAPOLIS (Fort Wayne’s NBC) — A total of 712,858 Hoosiers have tested positive for COVID-19, state health officials say.
1,124 new cases of the virus were reported to the Indiana Department of Health on Friday.
Data shows 5 additional Hoosiers lost their lives to COVID-19, bringing the state's overall death toll to 12,848.
The new data was reported to ISDH within the last 24 hours, but the new deaths occurred between March 16 and April 22.
In Allen County, officials reported 78 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the county's overall case count to 38,618. The overall death toll remains at 672.
The state's seven-day positivity rate for unique individuals is at 13.2%.
An estimated total of 675,491 Indiana residents have recovered from the virus, according to data from the Regenstrief Institute.
As of today, a total of 3,938,806 vaccine doses have been administered in Indiana. This includes 2,253,551 first doses and 1,685,255 individuals who are fully vaccinated.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here
- You can catch up on the latest Fort Wayne's NBC coronavirus coverage here
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19
- Click here to sign up for Fort Wayne's NBC News and Weather Alerts