INDIANAPOLIS (Fort Wayne’s NBC) — The Indiana Department of Health reports a total of 711,787 Hoosiers have tested positive for COVID-19.
1,250 new cases of the virus were reported to the department on Thursday.
Data shows 4 additional Hoosiers lost their lives to COVID-19, bringing the state's overall death toll to 12,844.
The new data was reported to ISDH within the last 24 hours, but the new deaths occurred between April 16 and April 20.
In Allen County, officials reported 79 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the county's overall case count to 39,540. The overall death toll stands at 672.
The state's seven-day positivity rate for unique individuals has increased to 13.4%.
An estimated total of 674,491 Indiana residents have recovered from the virus, according to data from the Regenstrief Institute.
As of today, a total of 3,887,012 vaccine doses have been administered in Indiana. This includes 2,233,214 first doses and 1,653,798 individuals who are fully vaccinated.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here
- You can catch up on the latest Fort Wayne's NBC coronavirus coverage here
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19
- Click here to sign up for Fort Wayne's NBC News and Weather Alerts