INDIANAPOLIS (Fort Wayne’s NBC) — The daily update by the Indiana Department of Health shows a total of 709,455 Hoosiers have tested positive for COVID-19.
733 new cases of the virus were reported to the department on Tuesday.
Data shows 8 additional Hoosiers lost their lives to COVID-19, bringing the state's overall death toll to 12,826.
The new data was reported to ISDH within the last 24 hours, but the new cases occurred between April 6 and April 19 while the new deaths occurred between April 3 and April 19.
In Allen County, officials reported 58 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the county's overall case count to 38,896.
An additional six residents lost their lives to the virus, bringing the county's overall death toll to 673.
The state's seven-day positivity rate for unique individuals has increased to 13.8%.
An estimated total of 672,203 Indiana residents have recovered from the virus, according to data from the Regenstrief Institute.
As of today, a total of 3,785,172 vaccine doses have been administered in Indiana. This includes 2,191,407 first doses and 1,593,765 individuals who are fully vaccinated.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here
- You can catch up on the latest Fort Wayne's NBC coronavirus coverage here
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19
- Click here to sign up for Fort Wayne's NBC News and Weather Alerts