INDIANAPOLIS (Fort Wayne’s NBC) — The daily update by the Indiana Department of Health shows a total of 517,773 Hoosiers have tested positive for COVID-19.
Health officials say 6,407 new cases of the virus were reported Friday.
106 additional Hoosiers lost their lives to the virus, bringing the state's overall death toll to 8,016.
The new data was reported to ISDH within the last 24 hours, but the new cases occurred between Dec. 19 and Dec. 31 while the new deaths occurred between Nov. 22 and Dec. 31.
The state's seven-day positivity rate for unique individuals is at 24.1%.
An estimated total of 345,577 Indiana residents have recovered from the virus, according to data from the Regenstrief Institute.
Another 355 probable deaths have been reported based on clinical diagnoses in patients for whom no positive test is on record. Deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH and occurred over multiple days.
Any Hoosier who wants to be tested for COVID-19 can get a test at any state-sponsored OptumServe site, regardless of whether they are at high risk or have symptoms.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here
- You can catch up on the latest Fort Wayne's NBC coronavirus coverage here
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19
- Click here to sign up for Fort Wayne's NBC News and Weather Alerts