INDIANA (Fort Wayne's NBC) - Indiana State Health Officials report another day of more than 2,000 new COVID-19 cases in the state Friday.
State Health Officials report another 2,519 Hoosiers who have tested positive for COVID-19.
To date, a total of 157,713 Indiana residents are known to have had the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s dashboard.
An estimated total of 112,914 Indiana residents have recovered from the virus, according to data from the Regenstrief Institute.
A total of 3,858 Hoosiers are confirmed to have died from COVID-19, an increase of 27 from the previous day.
Another 234 probable deaths have been reported based on clinical diagnoses in patients for whom no positive test is on record. Deaths are reported based on when data are received by the state and occurred over multiple days.
To date, 1,605,596 unique individuals have been tested in Indiana, up from 1,594,365 on Thursday.
A total of 2,642,522 tests, including repeat tests for unique individuals, have been reported to the state Department of Health since Feb. 26.
Any Hoosier who wants to be tested for COVID-19 can get a test at any state-sponsored OptumServe site, regardless of whether they are at high risk or have symptoms.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here
- You can catch up on the latest Fort Wayne's NBC coronavirus coverage here
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19
- Click here to sign up for Fort Wayne's NBC News and Weather Alerts