Ind. (Fort Wayne’s NBC) — State health officials say a total of 46,915 Hoosiers have now tested positive for COVID-19.
19 additional residents have lost their lives to the virus, with the overall death toll at 2,488, the Indiana State Department of Health reports.
The death count includes 11 previously unreported deaths in Allen County occurring between April 19 and June 22.
541 new COVID-19 cases were reported Friday as the country approaches the Fourth of July weekend.
Any Hoosier who wants to be tested for COVID-19 can get a test at any state-sponsored OptumServe site, regardless of whether they are at high risk or have symptoms.
The department says 504,153 tests have been reported to ISDH, up from 496,835 on Thursday.
9.3 percent of those tested were reported as positive cases.
An additional 193 probable deaths were reported on Friday. Probable deaths are based on clinical diagnoses in patients for whom no positive test is on record.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here
- You can catch up on the latest Fort Wayne's NBC coronavirus coverage here
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19
- Click here to sign up for Fort Wayne's NBC News and Weather Alerts