Skip to Content

Kitchen fire leaves two hurt


FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Fort Wayne's NBC) - One person and a firefighter suffered burns following a kitchen fire that spread to the rest of a home Thursday morning.

Just before 3:15 a.m., fire crews responded to a home on fire in the 3100 block of Plaza Drive.

When firefighters arrived, they found fire coming from the rear of the house.

Everyone was able to get out OK, but medics took one person to the hospital with minor burns and smoke inhalation.

One firefighter was also treated for minor burns.

Investigators believe the fire started in the kitchen before the flames spread to the rest of the home.

It took crews about 24 minutes to get everything under control.

Kayla Crandall

Kayla Crandall is an Emmy award-winning journalist. She serves as the Social Media and Digital Content Manager at WPTA. Follow her on Twitter @KaylerJayne.

Skip to content