INDIANA (Fort Wayne's NBC) - The Indiana State Department of Health announces 493 new cases of COVID-19 and 27 additional deaths.
This new information brings the total number of Indiana residents to have the novel coronavirus to 30,409.
Intensive care unit and ventilator capacity remain steady. As of today, nearly 38 percent of ICU beds and more than 81 percent of ventilators were available as of Friday.
A total of 1,791 Hoosiers are confirmed to have died from COVID-19, an increase of 27 over the previous day. Another 150 probable deaths have been reported based on clinical diagnoses in patients for whom no positive test is on record. Deaths are reported based on when data are received by ISDH and occurred over multiple days.
To date, 208,561 tests have been reported to ISDH, up from 202,995 on Thursday.
Marion County had the most new cases, at 122. Other counties with more than 10 new cases were Allen (54), Delaware (10), Elkhart (61), Hamilton (12), Lake (42), Porter (33) and St. Joseph (16). A complete list of cases by county is posted at www.coronavirus.in.gov, which is updated daily at noon. Cases are listed by county of residence.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here
- Track Ohio's coronavirus numbers here
- You can catch up on the latest Fort Wayne's NBC coronavirus coverage here
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19
- Click here to sign up for Fort Wayne's NBC News and Weather Alerts