FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Fort Wayne's NBC) - The Deck at the Gas House has opened its popular patio for the first time this year.
"We did it!" the restaurant posted on its Facebook page Thursday afternoon. "Opening day is here. Not exactly how we drew it up but we’re here."
The Deck at the Gas House had planned to open on Wednesday, but delayed until Thursday because of weather considerations.
As with other restaurants, The Deck will implement social distancing measures and other practices to help ensure the safety of customers.
The following rules have been posted:
- Tables a max of 6 people... doesn't matter if you all live together and tabletops remain 6 feet apart.
- There is NO walk-up bar service or bar area mingling available right now.
- Waiting for tables will require both of us to be mindful of social distancing requirements... if we're lucky enough to be full and we're out of available waiting spaces, give us your phone number, take a walk through the park, and we'll text you when your table is ready.
- The Dave Tinsley Beer Garden is now the Dave Tinsley Waiting Area... we have spaces to sit and stand while you wait for a table, but please keep your group to six or fewer people and respect others' space.
- We have taken all reasonable precautions and additional steps to make sure we're following the rules as they have been presented to us, and we would appreciate your help by abiding by the state's mandates and getting on board with what will hopefully only be a temporary thing.
Managers said "with any luck" they may be able to return to more normal operations by July Fourth.