INDIANAPOLIS (WPTA21) - Gov. Eric Holcomb was joined by the State Health Commissioner and other officials to give an update on the state's COVID-19 response.
Here are some key takeaways from the conference:
- Gov. Holcomb said he will sign an executive order extending the state's carry-out only policy through April 6.
- Gov. Holcomb also said he'd provide an update on the school's timeline later this week.
- The state is communicating with the Army Corps of Engineers about setting up field hospitals in certain areas of the state if that is ever needed.
- Indiana State Health Commissioner Dr. Kristina Box said the surge of cases hasn't happened in Indiana yet.
- Dr. Box also said 11,000 health professionals like dentists, veterinarians, and midwives have offered to volunteer their help.
- Indiana Hospitals are now being asked to update available beds into a state system two times a day.