FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Fort Wayne's NBC) - Officials with the Allen County Health Department announced the first Allen County death from COVID-19.
Health officials made the announcement on Sunday.
Officials said the Allen County resident was an older adult who had been hospitalized as a COVID-19 patient. They said the adult had a history of chronic health issues.
Officials with the Allen County Health Department confirmed there are a total of 5 positive cases.
“Our hearts go out to the family who lost their loved one today as a result of COVID-19,” said Health Commissioner Dr. Deborah McMahan. “We continue to ask for the community’s help in adhering to guidance that will slow the spread of this virus so our hospitals can continue to provide their best care to patients suffering from COVID-19 as well as other serious conditions.”
For more information about the coronavirus, please click here.
To learn more about the Allen County Health Department, please click here.
To see all of Fort Wayne's NBC's local news coverage on the coronavirus, please click here.