FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Fort Wayne’s NBC) — Super Bowl 54 is almost here and Fort Wayne's NBC TODAY Meteorologist Nikki Pietrus is helping liven up your party with her traditional ham and cheese sliders.
Here’s the recipe:
- 12 Hawaiian sweet slider rolls, split
- 12 slices ham
- 6 slices provolone cheese, halved
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Sweet bread & butter pickles, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F before assembling the sliders.
- Prepare the sliders.
- Cover a baking tray in aluminium foil before placing the bottom slider buns aligned on the tray. Top with a half slice of provolone and slice of ham before finishing with the top bun. Feel free to add more meat or cheese if you would like a more stuffed slider!
- Make the glaze.
- Melt the butter before mixing in the honey, Dijon, and Worcestershire sauce. Combine well using a fork.
- Apply the glaze.
- Coat the top buns with a generous amount of honey-butter glaze using a basting brush or simply drizzle glaze on top.
- Bake and serve.
- Once all sliders are assembled and coated in glaze, pop the tray in the oven. Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and buns are golden-brown and caramelized. Cut and serve warm. Add pickle for garnish for a sweet and savory taste if desired.
Enjoy! Happy Super Bowl!