Skip to Content

Evacuations ensue after kitchen fire at Island Club Apartments

Remaining Ad Time Ad - 00:00

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Fort Wayne's NBC) - A fire at Island Club Apartments early Monday morning forced two people to self-evacuate, according to the Fort Wayne Fire Department.

Fire crews arrived to 2310 Anchor Way at approximately 12:30 a.m. after moderate smoke was showing from the apartment building.

According to FWFD, crews made an aggressive interior attack on the fire and quickly extinguished the blaze in the kitchen.

No injuries occurred from the fire. The scene was under control within 13 minutes of FWFD arriving on scene.

The apartment suffered moderate smoke damage and minor fire and water damage.

Jack Keenan

Jack Keenan is a morning news anchor for Fort Wayne’s NBC Today.

Skip to content