Skip to Content

Family pet dies in Sunday house fire

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Fort Wayne’s NBC) — A house fire that started in a basement on the city’s southeast side on Sunday resulted in the death of a family pet.

The Fort Wayne Fire Department says a neighbor called police around 5:30 Sunday after seeing heavy smoke coming from the chimney next door, on Winston Drive near McMillen Park Drive.

Fire crews say nobody was at home during the fire, but we’re told at least one cat did not make it out.
Crews were able to control that fire in about a half hour.

Jazlynn Bebout

Jazlynn Bebout is the Assignment Desk Editor and Digital Editor at WPTA. Follow her on Twitter @jazlynnsb

Skip to content