Now investigators believe the suspect is between the ages of 18-40.
It is important to distinguish these points about the two sketches:
- They are not the same person
- The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
- The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge
- The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s
- This person’s appearance could look different today if he has grown a mustache, beard or let his hair grow longer or cut his hair shorter than depicted in the sketch
Also released this week was a voice recording and video that was extracted from Libby’s phone of the suspect walking in the area near the Delphi Historic Trail.
Fort Wayne’s NBC previously reported that 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams disappeared on Feb. 13, 2017, while hiking near their hometown of Delphi. Their bodies were found the next day in a wooded area.
“We have a witness,” Superintendent Carter said. “You made mistakes. We are coming for you and there’s no place for a heartless coward like you to hide that gets his thrill from killing little girls.”
Detectives are asking folks in Delphi to reflect on people they know that look similar to the new sketch, especially if the person has changed their appearance since the murders in February of 2017.
Police ask that if you have any information on the case to email email@example.com, or call the Indiana State Police at (800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department at (765) 564-2413.