Skip to Content

School district to move bus stop location after students struck, killed

FULTON COUNTY, Ind. (Fort Wayne’s NBC) – After four children were struck by a vehicle while they were trying to get on the bus this week, the school district is making some changes on where they pick up and drop off kids.

Twin 6-year-old boys, Mason and Xzavier Ingle and their 9-year-old sister Alivia Stahl were struck and killed Tuesday Morning while crossing the street to get on the bus. An unrelated 11-year-old boy was also struck near 4600 North State Road 25 in Rochester.

READ MORE: Family speaks out after losing three to accident at bus stop

Now, the Tippecanoe Valley School Corporation says they’re relocating that bus stop on SR 25 into Meiser Park.

The district is also forming a bus stop safety review committee that will examine all locations.

“This has been a very difficult day for our school family as we attempt to cope with the devastating loss of three elementary students and a critically injured middle school student. I am very appreciative of our teachers, administrators and staff that assisted, comforted, and supported our students and each other today in our schools. We also had counselors and clergy available for anyone who desired additional support and we will continue to provide counselors as needed.

Effective November 1, 2018 Tippecanoe Valley School Corporation will relocate the bus stop on State Road 25 into the Meiser Park.

In addition, I am establishing a transportation safety review committee which will examine all of our bus stop locations to ensure our children are transported safely. I will co-chair this committee with Fulton County Sheriff Christopher Sailors and Kosciusko County Sheriff W.R. Goshert. Other committee members will include school transportation officials, bus drivers and the president of the Tippecanoe Valley School Corporation Board of School Trustees,” – Superintendent Blaine Conley, Tippecanoe Valley School Corporation.

Lots of folks have reached out to Fort Wayne’s NBC asking how they can help.

There are two official donation accounts on GoFundMe, according to a spokesperson from the fundraising site.

This link is a campaign for the family of the three children killed. So far, the page has fundraised more than $41,000 for the family.

This link is the account that will go to the family of the 11-year-old that was hit and critically hurt. The creator of this account says the money will be used for medical bills and relief.

This fundraiser has raised more than $15,000.

Kayla Crandall

Kayla Crandall is an Emmy award-winning journalist. She serves as the Social Media and Digital Content Manager at WPTA. Follow her on Twitter @KaylerJayne.

Skip to content